Breakfast and Lunchtime
Breakfast and Lunchtime
Designated Eating Areas
You may eat in the multi-purpose room, on the patio, in the library quad, and on the lawn area by the flagpole. Please throw away your trash, and help clean up your area.
Finish your lunch and dispose of trash before going to play basketball, volleyball or football.
Food is never allowed in the gym.
You may purchase a variety of food and drinks in the multi-purpose room.
Free and reduced price lunches are available for students who qualify. Application forms for free and reduced lunches were sent home in the back-to-school packet in August and are available in the Counseling Office or Cafeteria.
Ordering food to be delivered at school during the lunch hour or at other times is prohibited. Unfortunately this conflict with our food service program and often creates problems for the office staff.
Teachers may sponser a pizza or other special event, but students are not permitted to order food to be delivered to campus during school hours.
There will be several noon supervisors on campus to assist you and keep our campus safe.
Treat them with the same respect you would a teacher. Follow their instructions.
They will remind you to keep Holmes clean and trash-free, and they may require you to pick up litter.
If you have any questions or problems, talk with a teacher or noon supervisor immediately.
Off Limit Areas During School Hours:
Staff parking lot, including the slope by the playing fields.
Behind any building at the perimeter of the campus.
Grass fields - unless you are playing an organized game
Sports and Other Noon Activities
- Depending on the season, basketball, football, soccer, volleyball, and badminton are played at noontime. These sports are open to all students.
- Many clubs schedule meetings at lunch time.
- Special rallies and programs occur at lunch throughout the year.
- Information announcements are printed in the daily bulletin.
Campus Behavior Expectations and
LUNCH TIME RULES
Following is a list of rules that apply to lunchtime and all other times when students are not in class. All rules outlined in the Student Handbook apply as well.
Off Limit Areas:
- You are allowed to eat in assigned areas: MPR, quad areas, grassy area between the Administration Building and the Library and/or any open classrooms if permitted by the teacher (note: no food allowed on the blacktop, in playing fields, library, or gym.).
- Please keep your hands and feet to yourself at all times: Chasing, pushing, horseplay, play-fighting, water fighting or other potentially dangerous physical activities are not appropriate at school. (Please note: No tackling or other unsafe play is allowed during games.)
- Put trash in garbage cans / trash containers: Leave your eating areas clean. Be sure to use re-cycle containers!!
- Be respectful! Respect self, others and property.
- Always use appropriate language: No profanity, rude comments, racial/ethnic/ sexual jokes or slurs, or name calling.)
- Public Displays of affection other than handholding are inappropriate at school.
- Holmes is a closed campus: You must remain on campus during the entire school day, including noontime, unless you have a pass from the office and show it to the campus supervisor stationed in front of the school.
- Behind buildings that are along property lines
- Along property lines at edge of playing fields
- Behind backstop(s)
- Grassy areas (and parking lot) in front of school
- Gym (except on designated rainy or special activity days)
Students who violate the rules will be assigned Litter Duty, "OR" Room detention, or an office Referral.