Medi-Cal: Health Care for Children
No-Cost Health Coverage for Children and Pregnant Women
You may be eligible if you are under the age of 19, or a pregnant worman (regardless of immigration status) and are:
- A California resident.
- A U.S. citizen, national or eligible alien.
- Within income guidelines
- An undocumented immigrant; an individual with refugee status. This individual may receive emergency, pregnant-related, and certain long-term services only.
- Prescription Medicine
- Dental and vision care
- Regular checkups
- Immunizations and well-baby care
- Physician and hospital services
Help is a phone call away. . .
Application assistants are available to answer questions and help you fill out the application at no charge. Call the Medi-Cal toll-free number 1-888-747-1222 to:
- ask questions about the health coverage programs
- request a joint appication
- be referred to a certified application assistant (CAA) that can help you for free.
For more information regarding Medi-Cal and Immigration laws, call The Coalition of Immigrant Rights:
1-415-543-6767 in Northern California
1-888-624-4752 in Southern California